March 8, 2012

Balsamic Vinaigrette

Boy, the past few weeks have been tough in this house!  First stomach bugs then colds that just don't seem to want to go away.  My husband has had a chest cold for two weeks, and now I have inherited it.  I realize it was probably inevitable, but honestly I hardly ever get sick.  But the second I even think about the fact that I hardly ever get sick - WHAM....I'm sick.  It always works like that doesn't it?  I think homemade chicken soup may be in my immediate future....

So, salad dressing is another thing I like to make at home.  Mostly because I eat salad for lunch pretty much everyday, and so I figure it's just another opportunity for me to cut out the additives and preservatives found in most store bought dressings.  I have tried dozens of balsamic dressing recipes, and this recipe is a combination of all my favorite elements which I believe make the perfect dressing.  So simple.....so why buy it at the store?


Balsamic Vinaigrette

4 tbsp balsamic vinegar (use a good quality vinegar)
tbsp white wine vinegar
2 tbsp Dijon mustard
1-2 tsp honey
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp salt
1/2 tsp pepper
1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil (use a good quality oil)

Mix all ingredients together, except the oil.  Add the oil slowly while mixing with a whisk, or shake in air tight container to combine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment