April 30, 2012

Broccoli Chicken Divan


About a year after I had my son I decided to try the Atkins diet to help get the baby weight off.  That diet worked very well for me back then, but it's not something I would do forever.  Anyway, I was always searching for low-carb recipes, and came across this one.  I was excited about this particular recipe because a lot of broccoli chicken divan recipes have mayonnaise in them (yuck!), and this one does not (score!).

It was love at first bite for me.  I have been making this dish regularly for the past 13 years, and I never get sick of it.  It's one of those handy one dish meals that does not take a lot of time to put together, so it's perfect for a weeknight meal.  Pretty much everyone who eats this loves it....well, except my son, but that's only because he's not crazy about broccoli.  


Broccoli Chicken Divan


10 oz package frozen chopped broccoli, cooked and drained
2 chicken breasts, cooked and cut into bite size pieces
1 (10.75 oz) can condensed cream of broccoli soup
1/2 cup milk
1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
1 tbsp butter, melted
2 tbsp bread crumbs

Preheat oven to 400. In 5x7 baking dish arrange cooked broccoli. Add a layer of cooked chicken. Mix soup and milk together and pour over cooked chicken. Sprinkle with cheese. Combine melted butter with bread crumbs and sprinkle over cheese. Bake for 20 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serves 4.

No comments:

Post a Comment