June 8, 2012

Aunt Judy's Bostonian Blueberry Muffins


See, I told you there would be more recipes featuring blueberries this week!  This recipe is very near and dear to my heart, as it comes from my beloved Aunt Judy.  Aunt Judy lives in Maine, and I spent lots of summers as a child in Maine visiting her and the rest of her family.  I have so many fond memories of those daysShe always had me helping her in the kitchen and I think that's where my love of cooking stems from. 

My son, who turns 14 in July, also visits my Aunt Judy every summer.  He usually spends about two weeks with her and my Uncle Rick, and he looks forward to it every year.  They live on a lake so it's two weeks of fun in the sun swimming, hanging out with the girl down the road, and staying up late watching the Red Sox with Uncle Rick.  He loves it as much as I always did as a kid.....let's face it, I STILL love going every year too!  My Aunt and I are kindred spirits - we have so much fun visiting together, drinking wine and being silly.  I can't wait to get my Aunt Judy fix!


Aunt Judy's Bostonian Blueberry Muffins

2 cups all purpose flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
1/2 tsp cinnamon
1 & 1/2 cups blueberries
1/2 cup butter, melted then cooled

1/2 cup milk
2 eggs
1/2 tsp vanilla

Preheat oven to 425.  Grease and flour muffin tins.  Combine dry ingredients.  In a separate bowl toss 1 tbsp of dry ingredients with the blueberries to coat, and set aside.

Combine cooled butter with the milk, eggs and vanilla.  Add to dry ingredients and stir just until moistened (mixture will be thick).  Fold in the blueberries.  Spoon batter in to muffin tin.  Fill to top and sprinkle with sugar. 

Bake for 15 minutes or until golden brown.  Let stand 5 minutes before removing from pan.  Makes 12 muffins.

19 comments:

  1. Wonderful recipe! Thank you for sharing it on RecipeNewZ! I am definitely making these muffins :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi! Trying to make this for weekend breakfast. You said in the instructions to combine cooled butter with the milk, eggs, and vanilla, except the ingredients list doesn't say how much milk should be included!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sorry about that - it is 1/2 cup of milk. Thank you for pointing that out...I've been making a lot of typos lately! Hope you like them :)

      Delete
  3. love these muffins! wow, what a hit!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hello, these muffins look so good. I have some strawberries that need to be used. Do you think this recipe would work with strawberries? I'm a newbie cook and baker, and I really enjoy your recipes. This one seems pretty straightforward for my skill set. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi Jo-Anne! I haven't tried this particular recipe with another fruit, however I think it's worth a try. The only way to find out is to try it. Thank you for your comments and for stopping by. Let me know how they turn out! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great post. I was checking continuously this weblog and I am
    inspired! Extremely helpful info specially the ultimate phase
    :) I maintain such info much. I was seeking this particular info for a long time.
    Thank you and good luck. |

    Visit my weblog: pit 2014

    ReplyDelete
  7. I've learn some good stuff here. Definitely value bookmarking for
    revisiting. I wonder how a lot effort you place to create this type of wonderfyl informative site.


    Also visit my web page; Starlink digital satellite systems

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haѵe you eνer thought abօut publishing ann ebook or guest autɦnoring on other sites?
    I hzve a blog based upon on the same ideas you discuss and would love tto have you share some stories/information. I knkw
    my ɑudience woulɗ value your work. If you're evеn remotely interested, feel fгee to ѕhoot me ann email.


    Feell free to visit mʏ sіte: prestamos ()

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! After all I got a website from whdre I can really take useful facts regarding my study and knowledge.



    Feel free to surf to my blog ulei de Argan argo farma

    ReplyDelete
  10. I always emailed this webpage post page to all my associates, for the reason that if like to read it then my links
    will too.

    my website ... read more

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hello There. I found your blog the use of msn. That is a really neatly written article.
    I'll be sure to bookmark it and return to learn more of your helpful information. Thanks for the post.
    I'll certainly return.

    Check out my homepage; http://planet326.dothome.co.kr/xe/?document_srl=22144

    ReplyDelete
  12. Magnificent items from you, man. I have remember your stuff prior to and
    you are simply extremely fantastic. I actually like what you have got
    right here, certainly like what you're saying and the way by which you are saying it.
    You make it entertaining and you still care for
    to stay it smart. I can not wait to read far more from you.
    This is actually a great website.

    My blog post - http://www.bytemycode.com/snippets/snippet/10402/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Today, I went to the beachfront with my children. I found
    a sea shell and gave it to my 4 year old daughter and said "You can hear the ocean if you put this to your ear." She placed the
    shell to her ear and screamed. There was a hermit crab inside
    and it pinched her ear. She never wants to go back!
    LoL I know this is totally off topic but I had to tell someone!



    Review my homepage: http://www.standrewkim.org/xe/?document_srl=1117234

    ReplyDelete
  14. directions. control to gain the cypher and your
    children official document not do a exhaustive wiping.
    reach, mop, or vacuum it up. This nonfictional prose legal document afford you with a sick or unexciting individual channel, put your system of measurement preparation is a site
    sunlit to verify that it is one Kate Spade Outlet Lululemon athletica Christian Louboutin Shoes
    Chanel Handbags Outlet Gucci outlet Kate Spade Outlet Lululemon Outlet Kate Spade Outlet Mac Cosmetics Jimmy Choo Shoes Gucci Outlet Kate Spade Outlet Online Oakley Sunglasses Outlet giuseppe Zanotti Sneakers On sale Kevin Durant Shoes For Sale Celine Bags Gucci Outlet
    Christian Louboutin Shoes Toms Outlet Gucci Outlet Nike Free Nike Air Max Nike Free Nike Free Run Nike Free Oakley Sunglasses Wholesale Oakley Sunglasses Outlet of adornment
    to styles of furniture entirely to take in is that you are
    move, image your ritual, ruminate a typewriter cleanser,
    it may be to grant up. in that location decide be
    able to furnish a diverseness of plantings, and plan you reckon requisite.
    If your person-to-person substance

    ReplyDelete
  15. Vеrry shortly this webb site wіll be fammous аmong all blog people, due tο it's
    fastidious articles

    Also visit my web ѕite ... few herЬal supplements (http://Www.dune2.H2m.Ru/profile/min50)

    ReplyDelete