September 10, 2012

Sinful Cookies


I often times try to figure out a way to incorporate certain candy bars into cookies.  Is this something any of you out there think about???  For example - my favorite candy bar is Take 5, so I decided to try to make a cookie with some of those components in it.

I bought some mini Reece's peanut butter cups, and I already had pretzels and peanuts on hand.  So, I took my favorite chocolate chip cookies recipe and threw it all together.  The only word I can think of to describe these cookies is "Sinful".  They are so decadent, and wonderfully delicious......and, well, just down right sinful!  The boys said they are way better than regular chocolate chip cookies.....I have to say that I think I agree with that review!  All any of us could say while eating them was "mmmmm".


Sinful Cookies

2 ¼ cups all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon baking soda  
1 cup butter (2 sticks), softened
¾ cup packed brown sugar
¼ cup white sugar
1 (3.4 ounce) packages instant vanilla pudding mix
2 eggs
2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1 1/2 cups of the mini Reese's peanut butter cups, cutting each cup in half

1 1/4 cups chopped pretzels
1/2 cup chopped peanuts

 

Preheat oven to 350 degrees, and spray 2 cookies sheets with cooking spray. In separate bowl combine the flour and baking soda and set aside.  


In another large bowl, cream together the butter, brown sugar, and white sugar. Beat in the instant pudding mix until blended. Stir in the eggs and vanilla. Blend in the flour mixture until combined.  Stir in the peanut butter cups, pretzel pieces & the nuts until evenly dispersed in the dough. I usually measure out about a ¼ cup of dough for each cookie - so this recipe should make 24 cookies. Sprinkle a little sea salt on each cookie. Bake for 12 to 15 minutes, or until the edges are golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment