April 1, 2013

Cresent Brie with Jam


For Easter weekend my mother and sister came to Vermont for a visit.  This is such a rare occasion - my sister lives in California and my mom in Massachusetts, so it's not very often they come to Vermont....especially together!  It was nice to have them, and of course, to cook for them.

After their long drive up, I wanted to make sure to have lunch ready for them.  Since it was a late lunch, I decided to go with something on the lighter side.  I put together a nice salad and this cresent brie with jam to go with it. My Aunt Judy turned me on to this brie with jam appetizer years ago.  Neither of us can keep out of it when she makes it.  It's so good and so very addicting.  She usually uses apricot jam, but for something different I chose to go with fig jam. 

The best part is cutting in to it right when it comes out of the oven.  All that oozing warm cheese...oh man, it's ridiculous.  Neither my mom nor my sister had ever had it before, and they loved it as much as I do.  People will gobble this up if you put it out as an appetizer, or you could serve it as a side dish like I did.  Either way, it's simply divine. 


Cresent Brie with Jam

1 package Pillsbury Cresent Rolls
6" round of Brie
Fig Jam (or whatever kind is your preference - peach or apricot are both good)

Cut Brie in 1/2 horizontally and spread all of jam on the bottom half (I used about 2/3 of the jar just because fig jam is very sweet).  Put top back on and place on top of Cresent roll dough that's been spread out on cookie sheet.  Pull sides of dough up to completely cover cheese.  Bake at 350 for 25-30 minutes on middle rack in oven
.

3 comments:

  1. this looks great! I am bringing the cheese platter for my future daughter in law's shower this weekend. Is this a dish that I could put together at home and baked several hours later, or does it have to be done (made then baked) all at once? Thanks so much for your wonderful blog. I love looking at the food , even when I don't make it! Sincerely, Mary Muncil

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Mary! Thank you so much for the sweet comments ☺ I have contemplated this myself on several occasions, however the conclusion I always come to is that I don't think it would work . When you put the top 1/2 of the brie on top of the lower half that's covered with jam, the jam tends to ooze out the sides a bit. If you wrap the cresent dough around it and let it set I think it would make the cresent dough soggy if you wait a while before cooking it. Although, I haven't tried it so I can't be 100% sure. If you try it let me know how it turns out & good luck and I hope the shower goes well!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Howdy would you mind stating wɦich blog platform you're wоrking wіth?
    I'm planning to start my ߋwn blog soοn but I'm
    Һaving a difficult time mаking a decision Ьetween BlogEngine/Wordpress/B2evolution ɑnd Drupal.
    TҺe reason I ask is ƅecause ʏoսr design and style seеms dіfferent then mоst blogs and I'm looκing for something unique.
    P.S Apologies fօr gеtting off-topic ƅut I
    Һad to ask!

    Feel free to visit mү blog abonnement xbox live

    ReplyDelete