April 24, 2013

Roasted Veggies with Goat Cheese & Balsamic


Somehow I ended up with a lot of baby carrots in my fridge.  As I pondered what to do with them it occurred to me that I haven't made any new side dishes lately.  I had already decided to roast the carrots, so I ran down the list of veggies that would be good to roast along with them.  Since it's spring, and because I like colorful vegetable dishes, I chose to roast the carrots with yellow squash and red peppers. 

I then decided I wanted to add another flavor dimension to it....roasted vegetables aren't that exciting, so I wanted to add something that would blend nicely with the veggies.  After giving my fridge a once over, I came across some goat cheese - perfect!  This vegetable dish turned out waaayyyy better than I even expected.  The sweetness from the roasted veggies topped with the tartness of the cheese and balsamic.....oh man, soooo good!  Even though I have one more serving of these leftover, I am already planning on making more tonight.  I just can't get enough of it.....it's THAT good!  I just might have to make this every week for the rest of my life ☺



Roasted Veggies with Goat Cheese & Balsamic (serves 3-4)

2 cups baby carrots
2 small yellow squash - cut in half, then cut in half again, then quartered (if that doesn't make sense, then just cut them so they resemble the shape and size of the carrots)
1/2 large onion, cut into big chunks
2 tbsp garlic flavored olive oil
Salt & Pepper to taste
Balsamic Vinegar
Goat Cheese 

Preheat oven to 375.  Place all the veggies (including the onion) onto a baking sheet, add the garlic flavored olive oil then toss to evenly coat all the veggies.  Season with salt and pepper to taste, then place in oven.  Roast for about 20 minutes, give them a stir and check to see if they are cooked to your desired "doneness".  I let mine roast for another 15 minutes before taking them out, but it's really up to you depending on how firm you want the veggies.  

Place veggies onto a serving platter.  Sprinkle (or lightly drizzle) some Balsamic Vinegar over the veggies - just a little goes a long way, so do not drown them in the vinegar.  Crumble up some goat cheese add it to the top of the veggies - how much depends on your preferences.  I didn't use a lot, maybe a couple of tablespoons or so.  ENJOY!

7 comments:

  1. This sounds so delicious, I love the flavour combinations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Rosie - hope you'll try it & love it as much as I did ☺

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this was a wonderful side! I also cut up a zucchini and a yellow bell pepper. Who woulda thought? A recent discoverer of goat cheese and am loving it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I am so glad you liked this dish! My husband & I can't get enough of it - so delicious. Goat cheese is a favorite of mine. Thanks for commenting!

      Delete
  4. Thank you for such a sweet tutorial - all this time later, I've found it and love the end result. I appreciate the time you spent sharing your skills.
    Signature:
    i like play games happy wheels online and play happy wheels 2 games and game zombie tsunami , retrica apk , retrica download , happy wheels demo , agario

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, just wanted to say, I loved this article. It was practical.
    happywheels , agar , happy wheels game , agar io ,

    ReplyDelete
  6. Dankwoods has no official account nor website. However in my quest for a legit online came through with their deals Bigg Boss Tamildhool

    ReplyDelete