September 13, 2013

Cajun Roasted Hazelnuts


I recently bought a ginormous bag of raw hazelnuts from Costco.  For some reason I thought they would be good to snack on (don't ask me why).  Turns out raw hazelnuts are not that great tasting.  Needless to say, I've barely made a dent in the bag!

When I went looking for a snack the other day I spotted the bag.  That's when it hit me - roast & season them!  Duh!  So, that's exactly what I did.  I wish this would have occurred to me sooner because these turned out to be really delicious.  Now I can't stop eating them. Wish I had thought of this sooner ☺



Cajun Roasted Hazelnuts

1 cup raw hazelnuts
1 tbsp butter, melted
1 tsp chili powder
couple pinches salt
couple pinches cumin

Roast hazelnuts in a 350 preheated oven on a cookie sheet for 10-12 minutes.  Remove from oven and pour nuts into a bowl.  Add the remaining ingredients and stir well to combine.  Note: If you like things spicy add a dash of cayenne pepper also.  Also, he your hazelnuts have skin and you want to remove it just place nuts on a towel after you roast them and rub them with the towel to remove the skins. Then place in a bowl and add your seasonings.

1 comment: