January 31, 2014

Beef Brisket


Pulled pork is one of my favorite things to cook for a crowd, especially in the summer for some reason.  I love that it can feed so many people, yet is so easy to cook.  It was this thought that led me to try my hand at cooking a beef brisket recently.  I wanted to make something that I could use for several different meals, and since I've never made it before, I was excited to give it a try.

This worked out really well, and I was able to use the meat for several different dishes.  First, I served it over mashed potatoes with a side of veggies, next I added some BBQ sauce to it and made sandwiches, and lastly I made quesadillas with it.  Everything turned out delicious, AND I had some left over that I put in the freezer for a later date.  All in all, cooking this brisket was a huge success.  With a little planning and a little time, this brisket went a long way in providing several meals for us.  I've already thought of a few more uses for it, so I will definitely be making this again!




Beef Brisket

6 lbs beef brisket
1/2 cup red wine
2 cans beef broth
1 cup water
1/2 cup Tamari sauce (can substitute with soy sauce)
1 tbsp garlic, chopped
Juice from 1/2 of a lemon

Add the wine, broth, water, Tamari, garlic and lemon in a large roasting pan and stir to combine.  Lay the beef brisket, fat side up, into the pan and cover with foil.  Place in the refrigerator and let it set for 24 hours.  

Preheat oven at 325 and cook brisket for about 4 hrs, or until it comes apart easily when pierced with a fork.  Remove from pan and either cut into slices, or shred with a fork (or some of both).  This will yield about 8-12 servings, depending on if you slice or shred it, and depending on your serving sizes (definitely at least 6 large servings though).

6 comments:

  1. I regularly pop in on your blog and there are many dishes that don't resonate with me. But your presentations are always so well crafted: the tableware, linens, and placement never fail to catch my attention. So much more than just a recipe!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for taking the time to comment. I hope there is something here you'd like to try, but it's OK if not - your comments were very sweet!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, my comment was poorly worded. What I meant to say was that the meat dishes don't resonate because I'm mostly veggie/ pescatarian. Several of your recipes I've tried and enjoyed immensely!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ohhhh, haha! Well, thank you for clearing that up & I am so happy you've tried a few & enjoyed them! But, either way would be fine because I like hearing the feedback - good or bad. And like I said before - I appreciate you taking the time to comment and thought what you had to say was very sweet! So, thanks again! ☺

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there,

    Your blog page is quite impressive and it’s just too perfect for our project. I don’t know how to catch your attention but hopefully you could spare me a minute to read this message

    It is noticeable that there is a great number of tasty recipes on your blog and we would like to suggest you to have a look at the “Top Food Blog” section on our recently launched site, the www.mytaste.com . Our site is a search engine that gathers all the best recipes from all major worldwide blogs and websites in one place.

    We would like to give you an opportunity to add your food blog to the list and have your recipes indexed on our site. All you just have to do is add the URL of your blog in this link: http://www.mytaste.com/add-your-food-blog

    Our project is the second biggest worldwide when it comes to recipe search, and it’s already live in 37 countries, including countries in Europe, Asia, Middle-East, Australia, South America and South Africa. We deliver thousands of visitors to food blogs daily. Some of the top food blogs receive at least 20,000 visitors from us on a weekly basis.

    This is something you can do to make your blog more visible and be exposed to a lot of people in United States, Canada and around the world; this can help your blog page to get more visitors and increase traffic.

    You help us, we help you.

    Hopefully your food blog will be up there in the top!

    If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact us at info@mytaste.com.


    You can also find us on:
    Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest

    ReplyDelete